The Friends of Little Gidding is a registered charity in the UK. It seeks to remember and celebrate the life and example of Nicholas Ferrar and his family; to help maintain and enhance Little Gidding Church and its setting; to help provide hospitality to pilgrims and visitors to Little Gidding; and to celebrate the connection with T S Eliot.
To fulfil these charitable aims the Friends
- provide grants and other assistance to the Giddings PCC, who are responsible for St John’s Church
- support the work of Ferrar House in offering hospitality to pilgrims and visitors
- organize or help organize
- an annual Pilgrimage to the tomb of Nicholas Ferrar
- services for Nicholas Ferrar Day in December
- quiet days
- regular weekly and quarterly services
- an annual T S Eliot Festival
- monthly poetry afternoons
- other occasional events
The Friends work with the Little Gidding Trust (which owns Ferrar House and adjacent buildings), Great Gidding PCC (responsible for St John’s Church), the T S Eliot Society, and other organizations to carry out its aims.
Members of the Friends receive information about all these events, including priority discounted booking for the Eliot Festival. They also receive a quarterly Newsletter which features (in addition to information about the various events) articles of interest about Little Gidding.
To join the Friends please fill in the online membership form. The membership secretary will then be in touch to arrange subscription payment details.
Alternatively you can download and print the Membership Form, below, and post to us at:
The Membership Secretary
The Friends of Little Gidding
The Friends of Little Gidding is a charity registered in England and Wales